Monday, February 14, 2011

Site Diary 2

It took a bit longer than I thought to get back to writing here. Today I finished part one of the perspective tutorial on my site. I started off just putting basic perspective tutes done in Inkscape primarily doing it the old way.  The idea is that people who want to create 3D drawings, it's great to understand the basic concepts. Even in Inkscape you don't need to know much about the rules, if you use 3D Box. But unfortunately the way to measure angles in Inkscape is still primitve and I worked out a simple way to set up a basic measurement for angle but am yet to put it up.
I realize in Inkscape you can rotate a straight line but what I wanted to do was rotate a line at it' end point on a horizon line. Although my way is only a temporary measure it will work, sort of better than dragging rotated lines all over the place, before I put the drawing up I will double check it and you never know some-one may offer me a sensible solution. It wouldn't be hard to be hard to better than the one I am proposing.
Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment