Thursday, February 10, 2011

Site Diary 1

It's been a long time since I've been here so I thought I better start again. What have I been up to well not much. Although Brisbane has been in quite a state recently. Been doing a lot of work on my sites lately. Started a new one blendamites.com. Mainly a tutorial site , so I will start logging in my activities here so I can keep a diary of my work. I fell in love with open source software quite a few years ago , and thought I would like to give back to others.

I started a few days ago placing up Inkscape tutorials at www.blendamites.com/inkscape.html I've been trying to think of subject matter that's not out there something alternative. So I placed a couple of alternative ways of creating logos in vectors. Just started a tute on Basic Perspective Drawing. the idea is to help people understand rules while using tools that are already in perspective. Hopefully it may also help people to place objects over photographs accurately. The tutorials on Blender are slowly being added to but are a little bit bigger than I had planned. Came up with an idea of setting a directory to make it easier to find what particular things do within the program. Turned out to be a big ask. Gimp I've placed a few simple tutorials up on there and have some more ready to go up. the tutorials to go up will be around photo touch up and color correction in Gimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment